View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 10:31 PM   #3
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Honestly kind of underwhelming considering the hype around the multiverse. It was very cool seeing Krasinski show up as Reed, but that was really the only jaw dropping moment. I do wish we got to explore the multiverse more than we did. We really only got to see two other universes and one of them was a dead world.

I felt it could have played to the strengths of the concept a little more.

This film is going to be divisive, especially by the female audience. I’m stunned that Marvel took one of their feminist icons and turned her into a mass murderer. Even in the comics Wanda has never crossed the line this far. I don't feel there was enough build up from the end of WandaVision to MOM to justify her going from traumatized hero to full on supervillain.

In saying that, villain Wanda was terrifying and the visuals were extremely unsettling.

I don't love how some big name heroes jobbed to Scarlet Witch. Mr. Fantastic and (especially) Professor X should have put up a much more of a fight, but in saying that it was really effective to show how powerful Wanda had become.

It was peak Sam Raimi, for better or worse. The horror elements with Wanda were really effective, but a big chunk of this was a mess.

6.5/10