View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 10:27 PM   #2
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was awesome

I went in completely blind outside of professor Xs voice in the trailers. (I hate when movies do that in previews)

Loved that they went full Villian with Wanda. Loved the big bad resolution not requiring an epic battle. So it had a much better third act then most. Having the solution be Wanda seeing herself as a Monster was excellent and had a tear jerking moment as she decides to give up her kids.

I also liked that they told a coherent story that didn’t rely on multiverse gimmicks to solve the problem. They were restrained in its application. They did an excellent job with the you get to kill heroes and swap identities in cool ways. The Reed Richard’s intro and fatality were awesome. Black bolts death by his own voice, Carter cut in half by the shield. Just excellent work by Rami on the fatalities. The whole 818 sequence was perfect Rami style. Xavier’s death is a neat link to the start of House of M in the comics. So all the multiverse was great.

They also kept some key continuity’s from what-if with the Christine and Strange are never together across any multiverse. Also the zombie strange matched What-if zombie strange and Wanda looked in parts like zombie Wanda. And they used the work done by Wandavision really well. This bodes well for the integration of Loki/Kang into the future movies

I have to think about where it ranks but it’s pretty high up for me.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: