View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #2020
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
To be fair, it's not a lot different than any argument directed at rube for not blindly supporting Biden, which I'm fully guilty of.

It's less about specific posters in a thread, as for those that don't have connections to the US what they think doesn't entirely matter (for the record I have strong connections to the US, but don't vote in their elections, so what I think also doesn't entirely matter). It's more about certain points of view being connected to general sentiments or trends.

When rube argues against people treating Biden like a saviour, I think he's doing it in a broad sense and not specific to any posters, just as when I remark the danger of being over-critical of Biden at this stage, I'm doing it in a broad sense, as I don't think there's any danger coming from anyone on CP.
I would disagree with you to a degree, I used to ignore the loons that pop up on my facebook feed and sites like CP but the election of Trump, the rise of Palin, the anti vax and 9/11 was a hoax movements made it clear that the numpty posters promoting ludicrous conspiracy's or extreme political views I generally laugh at on social media are actually doing massive harm to democracy by the shear quantity and unrelenting volume of their posts.

There are several million 'Rubes' out there constantly going on about Clinton Biden, 'the establishment' in general and that's why Trump was elected