View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 11:11 AM   #22
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Maybe in the future. But right now Pettersson is a one dimensional forward with who has never scored 70 points in a season.

What part about him is one dimensional? He can shoot, pass and handle the puck. He's a guy who an entire power play can be built around.

On top of that he is not terrible defensively now and actively works on it. One of the things many people note about the kid is how tenacious he is on the back check and how willing he is to commit defensively. But then, the last thing on top of everything else: the kid who is all of 180 pounds throws ####ing hits and plays below the goal line and on the boards. Are his hits bone crushing? No, though he did light a couple guys up this year. Is he getting smash mouth on the boards? No, but like the Sedins before him he has no fear about getting there.

Like, take your arbitrary 70 point number if you have too. I think we both know its a bit of a prayer. At this stage, he'd be the best center on the Flames.

I get it for you guys. The Oilers luck into McDavid and Draisatl who no one will shut up about and then the Canucks luck into Pettersson and Hughes who no one will shut up about. And you guys are left talking about which of your two first line players are better off trading for assets to start a new rebuild. It'd be frustrating, and I'm glad it's not me.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote