View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 05:32 PM   #99
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
I just wanted to hop back in to say that naw, research his follows and retweets my dude.

Also TB was (rightfully) made light of because he very publicly told someone to "get cancer and die" and then he (TB) got cancer and died. He wasn't even remotely close to PewDiePie's level of ####ty however, just a bit of a wank.

I have looked into it. You're off your rocker here.

TB was not made light of because of the cancer statement. The cancer statement was 5 or 6 years old by the time people started coming after him. The cancer statement was something he had apologized for and both he and Antonio Hayley considered a non-issue by the time it was brought up again. The cancer statement, is also taken out of context, though even in context it's not in great taste, but TB was known for being very direct when attacking people doing or saying things that he felt infringed on human rights (in this case, health care).

TB got targeted because Gamergate happened and he had the sheer audacity to say "Well, they are going about it wrong, but they have a point about games journalism being corrupt," and then the same people that are going after Pewdiepie now, (such as Nathan Grayson as a prominent example) went at him accusing him of being an alt-right figure head, just as they're doing now with Pewdiepie. The trawled his content, his social media, his personal relationships for anything and everything they could hold against him, such as liking a video made by the wrong person, or retweeting a tweet from someone they considered unsavory and tried to bury him with that.

It's horse ####, it's a witch hunt, and it's a waste of time because all you're doing is making his fans feel the need to defend him while the people you are actually upset with, the actual alt-right trolls and racists, laugh at the fact you're targeting the idol of a 15 year old over liking a ####ing tweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I know Cliff likes to bitch about progressive intolerance and siloing but I'd honestly like to hear what the value is in sticking around for opinions like this?

I'm normally a big proponent of now judging people off all the opinions they hold, like Cliff, but I don't feel like you were in the wrong here.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 03-15-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post: