View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #92
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
It's absolutely unwarranted.

The people who call Pewdiepie "Alt-right" are the same people that called Totalbiscuit altright because he had an opinion on gamergate that didn't just jump to "they're all bad".

He made some pretty borderline jokes and wasn't apologetic enough for people like Psycnet, so they tried to jump on him, which made Pewds double down on trolling them, because he's a comedian and it's funny. While that reddit post may be a lot of supposition, it's not wrong in the assumption that Pewds would want nothing to do with his name being attached this atrocity, not just because it negatively affects his brand but because it's an absolutely awful thing. For the record, I don't find pewdiepie funny, nor do I watch his channel. But I have followed the smear job on him because I was a big Totalbiscuit fan, and it was the same people going after TB that turned on Pewdiepie. Those same people who a year after his death, still go after TB if he's brought up.

"The subscribe to pewdiepie" thing is a ####ing meme. That psycnet is trying to play it as some sort of actual appeal to people to sub to him his asinine. It certainly makes me lose any respect for any other type of argument that he makes.
I just wanted to hop back in to say that naw, research his follows and retweets my dude.

Also TB was (rightfully) made light of because he very publicly told someone to "get cancer and die" and then he (TB) got cancer and died. He wasn't even remotely close to PewDiePie's level of ####ty however, just a bit of a wank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote