View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #59
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I have mine downloading now. Also have torrents going, so it's going really slow.

I've looked through the article Roast Beef posted. Some cool new stuff that I didn't know about before.

Highlights for me:
Since I don't have it going yet I'm now sure how some will work though.
The updates spell check, I don't know if I'll like or not. From the article is sounds like we have to use a special step to have the word actually change, I like to type quick text messages, so if I'm going to have to jump through a lot of loops to get my message correct, that will become a pain. We'll see.

Also the character count in a text message is finally here! I didn't know that until today. It's really easy to type out a novel of a text, and then I sometimes realize that I should edit it down because I'm sending it to a "normal" phone, and I remember I used to always hate receiving texts that took up 2 texts.

Searching SMS might be useful at times, we'll see.

Create a real playlist! So stoked about that one.

Folders will be cool as time goes on I'm sure. I already had my pages set up like folders in a sense, and only have 4 pages total. So at the time I don't really care about folders, but as I gather more apps I probably will.

Since I don't have it d/l yet, I don't know about this multitasking. Sounds like it may become more of a hassle having to exit out of each app now. I like just pressing the home screen and being done. I'm also one of the people that doesn't have many apps that will fully or actually utilize multitasking.
I'm thinking, or hoping we will be able to select which apps stay open and which will close by just pressing home button.
Also there is the thing about the extra step to get to my ipod controls now. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but won't like it for a long time until I do.

Edit just read another article: CNet review in pictures
I think I'm going to like location services update. I always hated it when an app continuously asks to use it and I have to click no every time i open it.

Last edited by Temporary_User; 06-21-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote