View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #58
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I think you missed my point. A doubles format is great. It's the fact that it has to be Mixed where one must to be a male and the other must be a female. That requirement makes it feel gimmicky
I understand the point you are trying to make. I don't understand why. I don't understand why having one female and one male makes it gimmicky. If you make it any gender then every team at the Olympics would be male/male. If you make two medal events, one for women and one for men, you are increasing the number of games, time, etc. The mixed doubles already started before the opening ceremonies. Unless they increase the number of sheets, I don't know where you find the time to have another event, unless you take away teams from all the events. That just allows the traditional powerhouses to get more powerful, and hurts the next tier of countries.

You wouldn't have the interest of curlers if it was the same gender that you do with mixed. The mixed season traditionally follows the completion of the men's and women's seasons. Adding the mixed doubles in gives us something else to do, that is still curling. After playing six months with the guys, we have no interest in doing a doubles circuit with the same guys. If the doubles circuit ran concurrently with the regular curling season, you'd get low interest, or interest from people not good enough to compete on the regular tour. This isn't a way to grow interest from the game, whether it's the players or the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote