View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #16
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
The only qualm I have with this is impaired driving. With alcohol, if your BAL is over a certain point, you are impaired according to the law. With weed, you can have the substance in your blood well after you've consumed it, and you are no where near impaired.

I'm not sure how they will police impaired (high) driving.
Right now there's no road side test for it, I think they've looked at things like pupil dilation an odor on your clothing but they don't have anything set. Also the blood test doesn't matter much because constitutionally you have a right to refuse a blood test. However I think in the States if you refuse to be tested your charged anyways.

I tend to think that there will be a tremendous amount of work that has to be done before April of next year, there will also be things like consultation with other nations because of treaty aspects. I think its overly ambitious to think this is going to get done in a year, but that's maybe just me.

As far as the prisoner question, I think that's amazing and I'm betting the courts are going to be absolutely flooded once legalization does happen, and how do you separate them. I mean lets say that you have a mere possession case that's easy. But are you releasing someone with intent to distribute? Or what about someone that had a violent crime attached to his grass conviction? Are we going to review what are probably 1000's of cases?

As far as my tax the crap out of it. I've said that it has to be equivalent to liquor and smokes, if not a bit more because there's a whole start up infrastructure cost that's going to need to be covered.As far as the argument that criminal gangs will undercut if the taxes are too high, its likely that they're going to undercut no matter what the taxation is as they don't have as high of a quality control requirement as legalized weed will have. As well I tend to think that the whole criminal element is moving away from grass and focusing on opiates anyways.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: