View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #17
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
I don't like the sheer amount of crap they put in the vaccines and the fact that there are allergens in them (eggs, sorbitol, feathers) that have had adverse reactions with a number of family members.
So you'd rather risk your kid being seriously ill or worse because of an adverse reaction? What kind of adverse reaction are we talking about? A rash? Or life threatening reaction?

Have you ever seen a child with whooping cough? Do you know what the disability and mortality rates are for measles?

It's easy to say "oh I'll just let them get the measles", but people forget that a certain percentage of kids ended up disabled for the rest of their lives, and another percentage ended up not making it through the measles at all. That's not a scare tactic, that's cold hard facts.

You protest the sheer amount of "crap" and "allergens" in vaccines, which ones precisely are you worried about?

Quote:
I do not feel this is the safest way to build up an immunity in a small child.
There's only one way to build up the immunity of a human; expose them to the thing that would cause them to get sick so the body will produce antibodies that combat that thing. You can do this two ways, you can get sick and run the relatively high risk of serious consequences of that, or you can introduce a harmless version of the thing into the body so the body still produces the antibodies, but you don't get sick. There is of course still a risk associated with vaccines, but that risk is far far lower, one in millions or tens of millions rather than one in hundreds or thousands.

Quote:
When they come up with a way to protect against disease without putting far too many chemicals into these small children, I'll rethink my stance.
Which chemicals? How do you know they're more dangerous than the disease?

Quote:
Also, when they actually employ proper hygiene and knowledgable staff in vaccination clinics and not women who say "Well you have to do this otherwise (insert scare tactic)", I may rethink my stance.
It's not a scare tactic to tell you that if you don't vaccinate that your child has a significant chance of getting seriously sick.

Quote:
And I realize my opinion is unpopular and I have been called everything from a murderer letting my child walk around infect the immune deficient to having people suggest I should have my child taken away for my decision. I think the debates on the subject elict far too much of an emotional response for either side to come to common ground. Those who decide to vaccine do so and stand by it viligantly. Those who don't, do the same. Nothing good ever comes from the discussion.
Well, children ARE all of a sudden dying of diseases that have been almost gone for decades because too many parents are refusing to vaccinate their children, so what do YOU think is an appropriate response to that?
photon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: