View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #1157
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is how I see it:

Gaurdreau-Monahan-Neal

World class playmaker, high end shooters, don't complicate it.

Tkachuk-Backlund-Czarnik/Lindholm

Until otherwise proven, Backlund is the second best centermen on this team so he plays with Tkachuk, there is also some proven chemistry. This pair has never had a shooter or high skill guy flanking them, that's Czarnik. Also, Czarnik can also play centre and take faceoffs. When the Flames have the lead, you can move Lindholm in place of Czarnik for more defensive responsibility. Both Lindholm and Czarnik are right shot guys and centremen who can take right side faceoffs when needed or when Backlund gets waived out.

Bennett-Jankowski-Lindholm/Czarnik

Bennett and Jankowski's development is key to the Flames success. They had some chemistry and they really should click. Bennett is more a playmaker, Jankowski is more a shooter. Lindholm is a great winger for themm as he's responsible defensively but also has good skill. Again, the faceoff advantage is retained as Jankowski is a left shot centremen and Lindholm/Czarnik are right shots.

Frolik-Ryan-Brouwer/Hathaway/Lazar

Frolik is a left shot, so play him on the left wing. To have a Ryan/Frolik pair on your "fourth line" is pretty good depth. They should be able to play against most lines and out possess most 3rd ad 4th lines. Flames will need some physical presence and both Brouwer and Hathaway can provide that. They will have to fight it out and show who wants it more. Brouwer will obviously get the longer rope so Hathaway will really have to be a lot better than Brouwer. Lazar is a little different than those two so will likely stay and will draw in against faster teams or when truculence is not needed.

I don't think they will keep two extra forwards as I think they will keep two extra defensemen in Andersson and Prout. So Hathaway will probably have to clear waivers.