View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #45
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Been listening to the band pretty much all night and into this morning.

Absolutely gutted when a buddy called me yesterday with the news.

Rush was an integral part of my youth and never really went away into adulthood nor the approaching "old" age part of life.

I was fortunate enough to see them live over a dozen times in multiple cities/venues and in two different countries.

As has been noted, they are one of those groups who you either really "get" or really don't.

I was also fortunate enough when I was 18 to be invited to the Rocky Mountain Studios (somewhere in NE Calgary IIRC) as a winner of a contest and was among the first people anywhere to hear the debut of Moving Pictures. That night only confirmed what I was already aware of in that, Rush was a legendary band and Neil Peart was the best drummer to ever strike a skin.

RIP Neil and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the joy and entertainment you have provided me over the course of a lifetime.

I have said for years now to people if you are feeling a bit down and want to smile....go to youtube and watch Rush Live in Rio doing YYZ as all 3 of them brought their A game that night.

Im going to take my own advice right now.