View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #9
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge View Post
Do you have a tow vehicle? more maintenance on a motorhome than other types of rv's such as trailers, especially hard on them around here when they are parked for half the year.
This.

My camping "timeline"
Tent - for me and the wife, we froze, a lot.
Tent trailer - for me and the wife, easy to pull, easy to setup, after a few rainy weekends decided it was a bad option.
20ft travel trailer - Me the wife and a dog. No issues with this size and was happy for 3 years.
25ft Motorhome - Decided to give this a try. After a few trips and having to carry wood, water etc back for half way across a campsite it started to get old. A few trips we forgot a few things and had to pack up the entire site just to drive back to town. This lasted 1 year as I got frustrated.

Now: 30ft Travel Trailer - Picked up one with all of the bells and whistles including swivel tv's AC, heated floors etc. This purchase also made us buy a new tow vehicle as we needed more power. We also added a child to the family so the extra space was a god send on rainy days.

Long story short, Motorhomes are great if your doing "RV" camping and driving long distances to campsites. I grew tired of not having a vehicle to drive to the lake, get supplies or just see some scenery. Yes I could have towed a vehicle behind it but then how different is that then towing a Travel Trailer? I get the same benefits as a Motohome with a Travel Trailer and do not get the negatives like increased insurance, vehicle maintenance, electrical issues and I get to use my tow vehicle whenever I need to so I know what condition it is in and there is not a 2-4 hour checklist before I head out to make sure my Motorhome is running properly.

Last edited by Diemenz; 01-19-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Diemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diemenz For This Useful Post: