Thread: The AAF thread?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 08:19 PM   #51
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Just heard on the Fan the league already almost folded. Players haven’t been paid yet. Until Hurricanes NHL owner invested $200 mil.
Players were supposed to be paid on Friday but got paid today. Ebsersol said "it was a glich with switching to a new administrator". Either it's a major coincidence that Tom Dundon invested $250 million the day the players get paid or Ebersol is trying to save face with that excuse. Either way it's probably a bad sign for this league as I was under the impression the league had a lot of financial backing. At least that's what we were told but it appears is not the case.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on/2914727002/

Quote:
Meanwhile, the announced paid attendance for Week 2 games was 17,319 in Birmingham, 11,980 in Memphis, 29,176 in San Antonio and 20,019 in San Diego. Those are not embarrassing numbers for minor-league football, which ironically explains why the long-term future of the league seems so in doubt.
Those attendance numbers are similar to Toronto and Montreal CFL numbers but not great only two weeks in. If I was Vince McMahon I would probably pull the plug on the XFL before it ends up costing him a lot of money.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote