View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #15
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Surely Allardyce isn't that stupid? Not that Rooney is great or anything, but taking the armband away from him is a dumb move. Rooney has a lot of support in the media and among pundits, this would create a lot of unnecessary noise. Plus: Henderson? Lol.
Lol because hes the best decision?

Although I do agree with your media comment, that makes a lot of sense but I think Big Sam is the lamb being lead to the slaughter here, hes been brought in to change the culture and I think he'll do it and do a good job of it. But its going to suck, its going to be unpopular and its going to have consequences. So hopefully they're paying him 'Cappello money.'

England wont likely do all that well in the meantime, but what does that matter? They'll qualify for the World Cup. Hell, they had a perfect qualification record for the Euros and we all know how that went.

Right now the results hardly matter, its about changing the culture of the England team so their balls dont drop off the second they pull on the Three Lions shirt.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote