View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #256
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame On View Post
Nice cherry pick. The fact is that you intellectually understand that there's a package of things that the Flames bring. From a certain number of jobs, to a certain number of hotel bookings, to tourism hell do you think Amazon wants to come to a city that has troubles keeping a pro sports team! Once you accept the fact there are various benefits to the team and its stadium being in the city, its not too much to ask for a kick-in, that isn't given back. Those benefits aren't going away.
I don't disagree with what you're saying (as a matter of principle), but it's difficult to comment on the balance being proposed by the City without more detail. For instance, if the City is proposing a 200 million dollar contribution to the Flames' arena, I don't think that it is unreasonable for the City to expect the Flames organization to pay property tax on its property just like any other property owner would. That isn't really "repaying a loan" as far as I'm concerned.