Thread: Star Citizen
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #777
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
The least they could do is put out a great single-player Squadron 42 in episodes. I can't believe it's been 5 years since I funded this game. I was super stoked to be an early adopter as I even got the call-sign Wing_Commander. That's okay though, maybe I'll get to play this when I'm old and living in virtual reality.
That probably would have been a smart move, they could have followed the Wing Commander Prophesy special ops model, where you could download chapters.

At this point I'm starting to agree with a lot of the industry people who are talking about this. No matter what happens now, the game is going to be a bust because they can't deliver on what they've promised, and they promised a lot so that they could create the stretch goals.

I mean what happens to the guy that invested and bought a thousand dollar ship, and he finally gets to fully play the game and its a let down (which it pretty much will be).

I was reading one article where they took a tour of the facility and most of the work was on ships and advertisement trailers instead of game play. And then they made a big show of filming the voice over work that was being done.

I had a lot of hope for this game because it was everything I would want in a game, a pure immersive experience where you can be a pilot a gunner, a pirate a solider. you can seamlessly go from your ship to a planets surface to boarding and taking another ship. Its similar to what Derek Smart tried to and failed to do with Battlecruiser.

I'm paranoid about kickstarter campaigns now. There are some amazing horror stories of what happens when you give your money with the expectation of something. One of the scams that's happened and I wish I could remember the game. Was that they made a bunch of promises, and raised money and released this buggy mess of a game and when the backers all squealed they released the source code of the game and basically said its your game now mod up.

Maybe things will change now that they've basically used the rights to the game as collateral. But at some point Roberts is simply going to have to come out and say this is where we're at, we can't deliver what we promised, what happens next?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote