View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 09:12 PM   #4553
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Wasn't there a scenario recently where a movie was entirely reshot/reedited/re-something to replace an actor or at least his face?

edit: ah yes, All the Money in the World to replace Kevin Spacey. I wonder if The Flash could go that route
Also, Army of the Dead completely replaced Chris D'Elia with Tig Notaro after accusations against him were made when the film was in post-production.

I assume replacing Miller wouldn't be as hard as replacing Spacey or D'Elia because a lot of the movie is likely Flash in costume with either stunt doubles or digital doubles, so those wouldn't need to be reshot, except maybe some face replacement, which is relatively simple now. Also, based on the teaser trailer, there are going to be a lot of scenes with multiple Barrys on screen, so they would have needed to shoot those scenes with a lot of clean plates and green screen shots already, which should make swapping out the actors a little easier.

At this point, releasing the film with Miller as the star has to be untenable, so their options are to either recast/reshoot or scrap it completely. Reshoots might be expensive, but at least they can get a releasable movie out of it.

I wonder if productions can get insurance for those sorts of things, if the star of a movie dies or goes off the deep end in the middle of production or post and things need to be reshot to fix it?