View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #44
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

As a quasi media person myself, I have been critical when it has been warranted like with coaching decisions this year, but there are certain situations that aren't easily fixable. Say like Wideman's contract last year or to a lesser extent Stajan's this year. Neither player was or is an NHL regular any more and is taking up huge amounts of cap space relative to their position. Is there any way to fix that? not without surrendering a 1st or more. So why be critical of something that isn't fixable without being stupid. Just have to wait until it can be fixed, which usually means either a buyout like Bouma or a simple waiting out of the clock and then you move on like with Wideman and Stajan.

If I was acting more like a Toronto media person, I'd be ripping Bennett + Giordano etc for not producing and that they should be moved as soon as possible because they are terrible. Never mind they are going through a cold spell that will likely end sooner than later and they'll likely go on a protracted hot streak because that's what happens in normal situations with talented players. It's fine to want results now. I am personally expecting this team to win the division and to be one of the main contenders for the cup. If they go out in the first round, especially if they end up facing Edmonton/Anaheim in round 1 instead of the wild card team, I'll be extremely critical of whatever is the likely cause. Nobody has a crystal ball though, you just have to wait and see what's going to happen and react to that.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca

Last edited by Caged Great; 11-13-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote