View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 08:57 AM   #5
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quit caffeine?

Are you insane?

Seriously, good luck kicking any habit is difficult.

Personally, I don't think I'd ever quit caffeine. I love coffee too much, and I find caffeine helps put me in a better state of mind. A friend recently shared an article on Facebook about Outgoing Introverts. It really struck a chord with me as it fit me to a tee. I commented on the article to which he replied saying that I was the best example of an outgoing introvert he has ever met.

Basically I like to be outgoing but I'm introverted by nature. Caffeine allows me to be more out going. Heck even my wife says I'm a different person before I have my morning cup of joe.

Some might say that's a bad thing, but frankly if you're more alert, function better, and are happier with a cup of coffee I don't see the harm.

There have been periods of my life where I was drinking far too much. I won't drink coffee after the late afternoon (generally) and have all but eliminated caffeinated pop (and pop in general).

I'm down to 1-2 cups of coffee a day. Since cutting back I find my sleep is deeper and better, but I think a total withdrawl would leave me in agony.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: