View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 08:13 PM   #6656
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
This is a fairly insane take... even just using emulators you can get a much better experience than a console. I'm currently installing TOTK and we'll see but that's the biggest game of the year and even playing it emulated with all the CPU load that entails you can play it at much higher res and fps than on the original platform. Hell, I get 90fps at 4k in BOTW. Switch can't do that.

If you want to see much higher quality, compare how Cyberpunk - a game that is now over 2 years old - looks on a PC at higher settings compared to running on PS5. It's not even close. And that gap will only widen with newer releases. Just because they're made for the lesser hardware doesn't mean there's no headroom for a PC to make them better. Hell, that doesn't even take into account mods!

I own a PS5, and the benefit it offers is convenience. Full stop.
I was specifically talking about those Sony exclusive games that were developed for PS4/5 first then ported to PC. I'm well aware that high end PC's can push fidelity a lot further than consoles on cross platform titles, but not enough to warrant such an insane price tag for a good GPU IMO
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote