View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 03:20 PM   #6648
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I'm not really the target market for PS5 ports usually, but isn't the obvious answer that a) most of us already have gaming PCs of that nature anyway, and b) those PCs allow you to play at a much higher graphics quality than a PS5?

I thought what you were going to say was that you didn't understand being hyped about playstation exclusives on PC given that they almost always end up being poorly optimized and run terribly on PC. Which... would be very fair.
I was going to mention that part but I forgot. And I agree with Photon that FPS games are better on PC, but that's the only genre. Everything else is way more comfortable on my console with a couch and big screen TV, including 3rd person shooters like Ratchet & Clank

And naturally the PC has the ability to run games with higher graphics settings, but I haven't seen any evidence for "much higher quality". These games were developed for a console, you're not going to get a vastly different visual experience on the PC other than higher framerates with beefy rigs, and that's only if the port is optimized enough to allow it which they usually aren't
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: