View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #83
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
hey what's everyone putting on their feet right now? when I first started out I was just running in whatever cross trainers were lying around, which was basically like strapping on a couple of stiff blocks of wood. then I randomly bounced around various Nike lines (Lunarglide, Pegasus etc), buying according to look more than function.

then I discovered Mizunos and fell in love with the super light Hitogami line, which is halfway between a trainer and racer. but after really enjoying the feel of the Saucony Peregrine Ice this past winter, I'm tempted to dive into their regular road shoe lines. the Freedom Iso seems to be popular and I can't even find any in stock in my size right now, but it's on the wish list.

what's your favorite gear, shoes or otherwise?

I used to use Nikes when they had a better selection of wide running shoes. I remember the Air Pegasus came in a wide and it was really comfortable. Using almost exclusively Saucony now. Picked up a new pair of Ride 9s last weekend from Gords. They are light, but not quite as breathable as I would like. The last 3 runs my feet have felt really hot, but that could be attributable to the weather too. Weird thing is they are uncomfortable for walking in. The leather on top is stiff and digs into the top of my foot when I walk. When I run, it doesn't seem to be a problem. I am probably not bending my foot as much.

I have the Peregrine Ice, too but I didn't feel as sure-footed in those on the ice.

The Mizunos sound interesting, I would like to try them someday. Some of the more hardcore, long distance guys I know wear them.

On the topic of footwear, my toes are feeling pretty good in these new ones, a little more secured and no more bashing and bruising when running downhills. Anyway, I really want to get rid of the nails. I am planning on going to the beach and stuff and would like to not have purple toenails. I saw some DIY stuff on YouTube, and I am definitely not going that route. Is there a pain-free means of fixing this? Would a podiatrist be of any use?

I don't have any really fancy gear. Lots of quick dry shirts and shorts and a huge fanny pack I bought 15 years ago at the Tech Shop when I lived near there. It fits everything I need for the day(bus to work, run home). I picked up some sleeves for mornings where it's too cold for just a t-shirt. They work pretty good, and means I don't need to wear a long sleeve shirt on days when it's going to be warm in the afternoon.

Anyway, tomorrow is my longish run up Nose Creek. Weird how dead it is for runners. All I see are cyclists, and maybe one runner, who never seem to appear on Strava when I check the fly-bys.

Last edited by Wormius; 06-05-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote