View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 10:06 AM   #1
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:
Default 2022 NFL Playoff Thread

Well since the Regular season is over, we can start a thread specifically for the upcoming playoffs which begin on Saturday.

Times shown are Mountain Standard, lines are per Bet365 Jan 11th. US Broadcaster is shown as that will give an idea as to who might be calling the game.

Byes
Green Bay NFC
Tennessee AFC

Saturday January 15th 2:30 on NBC

Las Vegas +5.5 at Cincinnati Total 49.0

Forecast -2 to -6 and cloudy

Saturday January 15th 6:15 on CBS

New England +4.0 at Buffalo Total 44.0

Forecast -13 to -16 and cloudy

Sunday January 16th 11:00 on FOX

Philadelphia +8.5 at Tampa Bay Total 48.0

Forecast 17 to 22 with Rain

Sunday January 16th 2:30 on CBS

San Francisco +3.0 at Dallas Total 51.0

Indoor Game

Sunday January 16th 6:15 on ESPN

Pittsburgh +12.5 at Kansas City Total 46.5

Forecast +1 to -9 Partly Cloudy

Monday January 17th 6:15 on ESPN

Arizona +4.0 at Los Angeles Rams Total 49.5

Indoor Game

First ever Super Wild Card weekend with a Monday Nighter.

Since they'll know the result of the 2 vs 7 & the 3 vs 6 NFC games, I expect they'll have the Division round schedule known before the Monday Night game and the winner of that game will be playing on Sunday the following week.

For Football fans these next two weeks tend to be the best weeks of the year.

Odd little tidbit I heard yesterday. Teams with a negative 32 or worse point differential on the season who made the playoffs in the last 25 years...They are 5-0 straight up and against the spread in their first game (I can remember the following teams Carolina 2015, Seattle 2011, St.Louis 2005, Arizona 1999) This year the Raiders and Steelers both meet that criteria. The Panthers and Seahawks were both sub 500 teams who won at home because they were Division winners. The Cardinal team was from the old 3 Division era so they actually had an easier matchup getting a weak Division winning 3 seed. This history does not account for the 7 team format which has only existed this year and last year, so I might discount Pittsburgh a bit more. But throw some money line on the Raiders maybe.