View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #1233
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffalufagus View Post
Neither one is a guy you would expect to see on a contender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffalufagus View Post
He was brutal until that meaningless 4 goal game. Impressive for sure. But no other teams in the west are looking at Janko going “I wish that centred my third line.”

He was terrible from January on. Soft. No points. A muffin, really.
Come on, I would think that a contending team would love to have youthful depth on their 3rd/4th lines in the likes of Bennett and Jankowski.

They will both be cap hits under 2 million, have potential to grow, one is a highly drafted speedster and the other is a 6'4" center with good hands.

I know they had stretches where they let the team and fans down but I for one am happy to have them and can only see them getting better.

Our bottom 6 outside of those 2 generally comprised of Hathaway, Stajan, Brouwer and Lazar. All 4 of those guys might not even make the regular starting lineup this year. That is a) how bad our depth was last year b) how much better it is this year.

Getting to play with better players and an additional year of experience and growth will go a long way for those 2.

They may still disappoint us in the end but I still believe they provide valuable depth to the bottom 2 lines at the very minimum.
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeanCharles For This Useful Post: