Thread: [PGT] Canes 2 Flames 1
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 12:05 AM   #189
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would have liked the coaching staff to have given the original lines a longer run.

While Ferland/Monahan/Gaudreau didn't produce as a line due to Ferland being injured, I still saw enough when they were together and enough last season to see enough chemistry there. I didn't see much chemistry with Jagr on that RW. That line is too slow and all 3 are pretty weak defensively. Ferland at least has the strength and speed to fight someone off the puck in the defensive zone and take the puck from them. Gaudreau is completely useless in the defensive zone. He just stood behind Skinner and watched him wind up a slapper.

The Bennett/Jagr/Versteeg line needs more time together. They played well, but didn't have the results, but they appeared to have a lot of possession time and scoring opportunities. Not sure why GG decided to break the up so soon before Jagr was even at 100% and just as the line was showing some signs of chemistry.

I like Glass, but not sure why he was in and not Lazar. Do the Canes even have a guy who will drop the gloves? Justin Williams????