Thread: [PGT] Canes 2 Flames 1
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 11:59 PM   #188
Kovaz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Digging through the stats afterward, the entire top-6 and top-4 were over 50% in possession, and the bottom-6 and 3rd pair were under 30%. Stone and Bartkowski were at 0% at 3% xGF%, which is just comically bad. Re-watching the game, it's comical how many plays died on Ferland's and Versteeg's sticks. Bennett wasn't very good, but whenever he did make a good play one of the wingers would give it away.

At this point I think we have to bring up Jankowski and move Bennett to the wing. Not just because he's struggling at C, but we need someone who stands a chance of creating a play on the wing as well.

Also still a bit skeptical of the coaching. Outside of that run to the playoffs last year, the team didn't generate much offense 5v5 last year. And it looks like much of the same this year. Everything about this team is slow. We move the puck slowly. We skate it through the neutral zone slowly. Out forecheck is late and slow. We read the play on defense slowly. It's frustrating to watch and I agree with a lot of other posters here: it's not fun. I watched this game delayed, and even with the ability to fast-forward through commercials and intermissions I was getting bored.
Kovaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kovaz For This Useful Post: