Old 10-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #111
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
IMO for the system implementation:

Knowledge -> Habit -> Second nature

I am assuming most of the players are still between the knowledge and habit phase. I may be a little more patient than most, but I will be waiting till the end of November to make an opinion as I'd hope most players are within the habit phase and moving towards the second nature phase.

Similar to some other posters, I don't fully get what Gulutzan's system is. I know of the components he has spoken about, but I don't have a great visual understanding of it yet. He has stated that sometimes players fall back into old habits. Overall, it does seem like there are glimpses of the new system and then glimpses of the old system too. The old system showing up is a little inevitable. It was the second nature of most of the team for a few years.

I am not worried.
I agree. Knowing a system is way different than employing it via split second decisions during moments in games, where a player would probably be way more likely to fall back on some previous habit than they would be in the video room or when staring at a whiteboard or whatever. That withstanding, some teams never take to the coach's system at all, and some systems just outright suck. However, my faith that Treliving did his due diligence here leads me to believe (for now at least) that this isn't what we're dealing with here.