Thread: [Game Takes] Wings 8 Flames 2
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 AM   #13
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
A decent NHL goaltender makes a save or two on those five goals. Howard made a few clutch saves when the game still was within reach that he had no business making, like the one where he robbed Monahan in the slot. That's what you need to compete. A decent goaltender is not reduced to just making the routine saves he should be making, a decent goaltender has a chance of making tough saves, game changing saves as well. I seriously hope we never see Lack in a Flames uniform again, because he has all the tools to become the next Hiller, Elliott or the like that we've been frustrated by for a long time now and this team does not need a backup like that. Give Gillies the next start and go from there. He might just be ready for a shot at backup duty, and if he isn't Rittich might be ready. There is no real reason to endure any more sub par efforts from Lack.
wow. I too would rather Gillies or Rittich get a chance, but if you think even Smith, or hell Kipper or Vernon, would have made more than one of those saves, I am not sure what game you were watching.