View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #79
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
Just personal experience, was involved with lacrosse for 4 years, I know it is a samll sample size, but it is rough, and gets out of controll.

Iteresting though because from age 15 on kids do not get a chance to play anything other then hockey

The roughness aspect of Lacrosse was probably the aspect that improved my abilities in hockey the most. Allowed me to be ready for contact before hitting was allowed in hockey, and to be aggressive on pucks. Also I don't think I've played a sport where I ran as much as I did in lacrosse, man that sport keeps you fit. Just seemed like I spent the whole 1 1/2 or whatever sprinting around and around.

The other aspect I liked about it much more than spring hockey (did both) is that you meet a whole different group of friends, it's very refreshing to have that as a kid. I know when I switched over to spring hockey when I was 13 to try and make that next step I wasn't having as much fun as when I was playing lacrosse, and in hindsight wish I just kept with lacrosse in the summer.
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J epworth For This Useful Post: