View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 08:11 AM   #35
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
The KKK rally was at the downtown Mall not UVA. It was scheduled and permitted and attracted a lot of counter protests. Last night was s surprise demonstration with no permit and was eventually broken up as an unlawful gathering.

Today's rally is planned and looks to be a lot larger.

It should be noted that Charlottesville is a very liberal city and these are all being organized by out if town groups. My girlfriend's son has to work at s restaurant on the downtown Mall today and is pretty concerned. The city is very upset at these but there is not much that can be done to stop it. That area has a tonne of restaurants and shops that will all be closed or empty again today.
Yeah i have been to Charlottesville...its a beautiful place and very much a laid back one from what i remember.

Much to the chagrin of certain posters here that wish to lump all "muricans" together, it's hardly a bastion of hatred/racism.

As for the rallies from last month and today...wouldn't it be more dangerous to see these clowns in an enclosed space such as a mall? Though it does sound like todays "event" will be considerably larger, it seems like having them in a big open area is preferable regardless of the size.

Hopefully there is little in the way of violence. Though that is never the case when these guys get face to face opposition...which only emboldens them more.