View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #11
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
You know what though. I really enjoyed the game more then. There was zero expectations on the team, and you went to the game to see some hockey, and have a good time, if they won... great, but they were at such a disadvantage because of economics, you couldn't hold it against them when they lost. Plus that era had genuine fans. Anyone that was paying to see that product, truly cared. It wasn't the duckface / self portrait / with the ice in the background place to be seen.

I actually have some really fond memories of that era, because the team was such a rag tag, cobbled together, piece of crap... especially in the late 90's. Kinda like a beat up old car you didn't have the heart to get rid of.
It was an awesome/or ####ty time for Flames fans. They hit rock bottom after the cup win and tried to recoup for so many years.

I miss the old hot stove lounge. $4 pitchers. It was just a different time for fans, but the casual bandwagoner decided to abandon ship.

Tough economic times in the 90's, but hey, Calgarians helped keep the oilers in edmonton.........

Damn i miss the old school dome beers.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote