View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #2307
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
No I wouldn't. I would have done everything humanly possible to move Neal and taken nothing back. If Neal was that large a concern I would have shopped Neal and offered to retain 25% and given up our third round pick to make it happen. The smart play would have been to play him up the line up, let him have his hot start, garner a little bit of interest, then dump him at the first opportunity. Do NOT take back an even worse contract back just to get rid of Neal.

It was a horrible trade. Lucic's deal is worse because it is buyout proof.
We're stuck with dead cap space. Treliving's incompetence at signing free agents has cost us the cash that could secure another top line player. We have $8M in dead space because of Lucic, Brouwer, and Stone, and Stone was a double #### up as he had to go out and sign him again after buying him out. Just brutal management. You can forgive a swing at a pitch in the dirt every now and then, but when the GM does it consistently it is a problem. This team will not be competitive so long as that much money is locked into players that don't contribute. Imagine what 10% of the cap could do to improve this team?
I would invite you to look up the video in which Leslie brings up the uncomfortable topic of the departure of James Neal was in the POV of Rasmus Andersson.

Or I can just sum it up for you if you’d like: James Neal was locker room cancer. It was as clear as day. The entitled brat didn’t deserve any kind of ice time that you think he should have. After a year of trash, what GM in their right mind would fall for your proposal of spoon feeding him in minutes in hopes that there would be a taker? Come on now.