View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #103
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Milan Lucic has made an impression in a few games, in different ways.

- The face off win that led to Gio feeding Mangiapane on the GWG vs Philly
- The pass to Bennett on the 3rd goal vs Detroit, where his hard forecheck terrified the D into gifting him the puck
- I like that he stood up for Czarnik with Zadorov

His line was the best line against Detroit after Mangiapane was hurt

I haven’t seen him floating back like a lazy ass while watching a wide open opponent drilling home a one timer. He has not hurt the club, not a nuclear accident that is damaging to the team, at least on the ice

From a business sense then?

People moan and groan about about the cap hit. Yeah it’s not great but Treliving has done such a great job on so many other contracts that he can afford a bit of an ugly one. Consider the total cost when you roll some good contracts plus this bad one together
I don’t think anyone would blink if Johnny or Lindholm were making at least a million more

Say you had 23.2 million to spend and 4 roster spots to fill

Gaudreau + Monahan + Lindholm + Lucic = 23.2 M
McDavid and Draisaitl and the extra 750 they are paying for Lucic make 21.75 up there, so all you can add is a couple of league min guys

So no, the cap hit isn’t ideal, but every team has some sub ideal contracts

* Hint: if you are losing an argument about Flames contracts because of Lucic’s deal, you are not having the right argument

If Lucic has a very noticeable positive impact in a third of the games, that isn’t too bad.

Last edited by DeluxeMoustache; 10-21-2019 at 12:48 PM.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: