View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 12:13 PM   #49
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yeah, for a few years I had the least amount of money compared to any of my friends and that sucked. Now, when I take my daughter and her friends to the mall I always give all of them $20 because I know her friends aren't as well off and I want them to be able to enjoy themselves and buy a little something and grab lunch, too.
Ya that's super generous and helps a lot I'm sure.

My rich friend's parents were also generous with their money (I got invited to the cottage for a week every summer and learned to waterski with their kid, we went to movies, got invited to elaborate birthday parties, etc). They even gave my family one of their old computers (that neither of their kids wanted for their bedroom but still) and I remember a few birthday presents that were probably more generous than they had any right to be.

As kids we were happy and like I said, we didn't really know any better. But looking at it as an adult, we grew up in entirely different worlds. There's a different mindset that comes from growing up and not even having to think about money, from being exposed to possibilities and things that I didn't even know existed. That can have its downsides too though which I have seen plenty of, so I'm not complaining - just observing.

Last edited by Flames0910; 02-25-2021 at 12:27 PM.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post: