View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 11:30 PM   #2083
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
He's put it together for 1/8th of a season.

Whatever your definition of 'succeeding' is, it certainly differs from mine at least.

Well, I think that getting 15 points in 10 games in Florida is quite successful compared to 12 in 38 here. If you don’t think that is successful, that is fine but sure would be informative.

A lot of people have observed his handling for years, and suggested that he could be successful if the Flames gave him good linemates, played him at C, and he wasn’t relegated to bottom 6 blender.

It’s not that he is randomly doing well. The logic was laid out, the data was shown, the argument was made. The hypothesis was made.

The prediction was more modest. Nobody expects him to sustain 1.5 points per game. But that *is* pretty ####ing good. It’s not lucky points, the guy has been one of the 3 stars several times

So when people lay out the rationale, and exactly what they expected to happen happens, it is funny to see people still stamping their feet

Just because Calgary screwed up for 6 years doesn’t mean we have to wait another 6 to see that they screwed up.

Let me know when you will be ready to concede that Calgary messed up. What is your bar? Should be interesting.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: