View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #43
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe the whole '9 shots' thing included 9 different vaccinations that were given in three or 4 shots. For example, diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis is given in one shot, measles/mumps/rubella is given in one shot, and then polio is usually administered by liquid now. Hep b and Heb a are given, sometimes varicella is given. All necessary to go to school here.

Last time my kids went to their physicals they had to get Hep shots (can't remember which) and varicella.

My son had bacterial meningitis when he was only 4 years old and he was in ICU for 10 days, literally on his death bed. I wish there was a meningococcal immunization when he was a baby. It was terribly scary.

To be honest, when my two boys were babies I was afraid to give them the immunizations because of all of the side effects, and I grew up with a kid who got polio because of the immunization which was EXTREMELY rare. I am so glad I did. After the meningitis, I am obsessed with keeping them up to date with everything.

Maybe there is some link to autism and immunizations, I am no expert. But personally, I'd rather take the slight risk and immunize against deadly diseases.
BigBrodieFan is offline   Reply With Quote