View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 04:32 PM   #541
littlereddevil
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Thats really the heart of the matter.

Most people just enjoy stability, so back when these people were working as Flight Attendants or whatever, they were just keeping on doing what they're doing.

Then COVID happened forcing people into living differently, and similar to people collecting CERB or wanting to work more from home or whatever the case may be, they've been doing that for 2+ years, they appear to like it and want to continue doing it.

Do they now want to interrupt all of that to go back to being Flight Attendants? Probably not.

Its going to take a new crop of dreamers to fill these positions. So its not all about money or perks, you need people with the right temperament and mindset to fill these gaps. People who want to do it. Not just people who want a job.

A great example that I give people is Truck Drivers.

I can drive a Truck. I could go out and get a license and voila!

But in no way do I have the mentality, temperament or desire to be a Truck Driver. Its just not a job that I personally would be a good fit for. Just because I can drive a Truck does not make me a 'Truck Driver' regardless of the compensation.

Same with being a Flight Attendant.
I agree with this sentiment.

If solving the issue with short staffing in the airline industry were as simple as snapping our fingers and paying employees more, people would also be flocking in droves to become truckers (and truckers get paid very well!!).

It's about stability, lifestyle, work-life balance, etc.

So it's really a matter of airline companies adapting to society and being smart with their marketing strategy for attracting new employees, by better selling themselves to the right people who have that mindset/temperament/ability to adapt to (and enjoy) their work environment and lifestyle (ex: people who love to travel and be constantly on the go).
littlereddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to littlereddevil For This Useful Post: