View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 12:23 PM   #157
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Sounds like a lot of far-right bots were launched on Twitter over the last couple of days. Will be interesting to see how Musk deals with those.

There also seems to be a migration of leftist accounts to counter.social. Although because the left is the left, there is now backlash against the founder of counter.social over some comments they made 10 years ago.

I'm actually interested to see how the counter.social experiment fares in comparison to attempted right-wing twitter sites such as Parler. I have a theory that the reason that Parler and Trump's social media site haven't seen much success is because so much of the online right's identity is based on trolling the left. So the appeal of Parler is less due to the fact that leftists have no desire to congregate there.

Conversely, I see a space that is designed to keep hate-speech, trolls, and bots out as appealing to the online left. So if they migrate to a new platform, will the online right then lose interest in Twitter?

I think we're several years out from that, unless media personalities also migrate elsewhere, but it'll be interesting either way.
You have a remarkably simple view of people other than yourself.