View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 11:04 PM   #676
metroneck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Then those parents are idiots.

Also, kids don't get missed anymore, if a kid is good enough he/she is found. There are very few undiscovered hidden gems left in the sporting world.

A buddy of mine his boy is 15 and highly ranked in the province and will go in the draft, but he never played spring hockey, never played in the summer and only played Minor Hockey (granted he moved ino the AAA realm in Bantam). He is just such an athlete, things like Super League are a fool game.
I wish it was that simple... Given a baseline level of athleticism and drive, quality of coaching, ice time and level of competition makes a huge difference.

On both sides of the border, there are plenty of AA players (and teams) that are way ‘better’ than many AAA, but there is a difference in a top end AAA program as far as development and opportunity.

Playing AAA is not always about the delusional parent, as my son has no real dream of playing in the NHL, or even college. He just wants to be on the best team possible. He is willing to work for it, so I do what I can to put him in a position to reach that goal.

By no means am I am expert, but I do have a front row seat to a player who truly has a ‘shot’. My nephew is projected to be top 2 in the ‘21 WHL draft. His drive, and what his family has done to get him there is incredible. I am quite certain that if he was on my Son’s AA, sometimes AAA path, he would not be in the same position.
metroneck is offline   Reply With Quote