View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 07:01 PM   #665
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hockey Alberta fee was something like $27 per player and it mostly pays for salary positions and training programs for coaches. So I can understand why they could only refund a portion of their fee.

From what I understand the money from the world juniors 50-50 had rules around what it could be used for.

I can understand why some are upset about the association level refunds but you have to remember that these associations are volunteer run and they aren't banking profits. Plus the first two weeks of the season are the most expensive with equipment costs, evaluation costs, etc. Plus year long salaries for ice allocators or registrars depending on the size of your association and they got paid all year. During the shut downs they weren't sitting around either as there was plans to come back a few times and that required work from those behind the scenes to schedule ice, remake teams, plan for restrictions and other stuff like that. So I can understand why we only played a third of the season but paid around half.