View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #14
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwingfan View Post
I have spent 50+ years of my life not being able to see things in my head, and I just realized this after a talk with my wife. I always assumed that people were just "saying" that thy pictured things in their head, i have never been able to see anything in my Third Eye. Have discovered that i have a condition called Aphantasia that is fairly new to the scientific community - kinda mind blowing realization after this many years.
Piggy-backing off this one: I had heard of people "seeing music" but when my daughter told me that letters were either boy or girl when she was in kindergarten, I thought she was koo-koo or just playing imaginary friend kind of games. But after testing her over a couple of days, she was telling the truth. Turns out she has: Ordinal-linguistic personification (OLP, or personification for short) is a form of synesthesia in which ordered sequences, such as ordinal numbers, days, months and letters are associated with personalities and/or genders. She doesn't have any other of the 80 other types of synesthesia (that I know of?) but 5 years later when I ask her, she is still adamant that letters are male or female.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: