View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 11:10 AM   #1636
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
$30 for a disposable vape pen. I believe it was 150mg.

Apparently .5g of distillate is equivalent to 2g of bud.
Not necessarily.

The better the flower the better the yield you will get out of a run with an extractor. General rule of thumb is that 1lb of 20% THC flower will yield approx 40-50ml of distillate that is around 80-90% pure THC. Lower if you suck with a short path. No one uses good bud though, they all use shake or moldy weed instead of having to throw it out. So yield is closer to 7% (30ml net yield per pound).

A 0.5ml vape pen will also have terpene and diluent added to it (up to 15% of the net) in order to make it more viscous so it burns properly in the pen, as well as reintroducing the terpene profile you are after (the distillation process strips out all terpenes).

That said, a 1.0ml pen will be at best 70% THC (I don't recall the limit the Gov put on it, but it's around there). If you were to use really good flower, and take into account the density conversion from ml to mg (1.25 ml of distillate equals 1.0mg of THC) that 1.0ml pen would need somewhere in the range of 10 grams of flower (less if you are using more diluent and terpene liquid).

To the best of my recollection, anyway. And I suck at math, so it's probably half wrong, but you get the point. The amount of bud in a pen is totally dependant on

a) the quality of flower you are using for the distillate and
b) how heavily you cut it with terpenes and diluent.

/stonermath
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote