View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 08:43 AM   #2021
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like BOTW. I was even a little sad when I finished it. My son was 5-7 while I was playing it and he loved watching, so I have associated the game with that phase of his life. He's only 8 now, but it feels like ages ago that we'd settle in and play in short bursts. He has a weird, photographic memory as well, so he'd remember places that I didn't even think that we'd visited, and months later he'd remind me. And that's totally just me reminiscing about a really enjoyable thing in both of our lives, but man was it nice.

The game itself was enjoyable. I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, but I liked the open world because it let you roam and discover things, but there were enough tasks to keep you busy and motivated. Loads of shrines, unlocking the towers, the freedom to take on the divine beasts in any order you wanted. You didn't have to walk/ride from A to B, but you could if you wanted. And if you did, you'd usually discover a place you've never been before.

The only time I felt that the game was deliberately tedious and the developers were taking the piss was when gathering lumber to build Tarrey Town. Back and forth, explode/chop a bunch of trees, bring it back, then more is needed, etc. But that's just one small annoying side quest in an otherwise enjoyable experience.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote