View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #369
jeffh
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hey Keith,
My home is currently under construction and the builder is using the furnace to heat the home(which I know is commonplace). I read up on the manual about what is supposed to happen when a furnace is used during construction. No jumpering(tstat installed), constant filter changing, thorough cleaning, etc). It is looking quite filthy at the moment as the top panel is left off. I even looked into the whole process for cleaning the combustion chamber, it is quite involved. The reason I'm concerned is this happened at my last place, and eventually I had to replace a board and a igniter. Warranty only good for 5 years, so that didnt help me. Any advice you can give? What would you normally charge for a thorough cleaning of a furnace cabinet? They will clean the ducts, but that isn't my big concern, as I'm more concerned about the furnace itself. Dust likes to stick to machining oil, which can be found on the blower. I am going to approach the builder as it is straight-up against manufacturer's instructions as no parameters are followed beside putting screens on most supply registers(none on returns).
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote