View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 04:59 AM   #34
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
I'd hardly call that insane manhunt, chase, & shootouts over that long period of time "without any intervention".

This is a guy who know exactly how & when the RCMP would react and countered it at every turn. Knew exactly how to confuse, exploit, and escape their tactics.
I was referring more to the point that he was able to murder the majority of his victims before any interaction happened with the RCMP by reports. It seems the vast majority of damage was done before the pursuit, shootouts, etc. The fact that RCMP are continuing to do searches for victims and the number of dead keeps on rising showed that this guy was able to commit a ton of crime without anyone noticing, including the public.

I get rural policing is a unique circumstance and there’s a whole set of factors at play. I think the only thing he was able to exploit is a small cop to population ratio and stretched them incredibly thin with the little resources they had available. Also the fact that other useful resources were hours away.

It’ll be interesting to see a full timeline come out in the future.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote