View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #15
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carnegie - I don't know. There are often a lot of roster moves in the NLL with various "lists" used for different purposes. Sometimes the PUP is used when the player is unavailable due to work commitments. Keep in mind, these guys don't make a ton - so if there job demands them to commit more, it can put them in a bind. Last I knew he had a pretty good job at Stantec. I notice though that now he's listed on the Injured Reserve not PUP so perhaps he's actually hurt. I think they were looking for a leadership change. Not because of anything Mike did or didn't do - but the results just haven't been there.

As for Scott - I think he just didn't make the team on merit. And I think the team was looking to make changes on D as well. This is a team that has given up far too many goals the last couple of years. They simplified the system this year, to try and play to the strengths of the players - and want to push the transition game. They have a lot of guys who can generate chances off the break - Currier, Bell, McRae and even Manning (though he plays more conservatively now than when he first came into the league).

Karsen retired because of the concussion. He came back for that one playoff game but I know he was struggling still with symptons including having trouble sleeping. Again - these are guys that don't make a ton, so him not wanting to take a risk with his long term mental health is understandable. He's a very bright young man and I think he made a very smart decision. A great kid too - super humble and accomodatinng.

The 5 on 3s were disasters for both clubs last night. They just aren't clicking. Berg missing training camp means he's not up to speed. There were several plays last night where Dickson and him were just a touch out of sync. And I think that has affected Digby as well. These guys don't get to practice a lot so missing training camp is big. Anyways that lack of chemistry is what I believe hurt the 5 on 3.

Last edited by Jiri Hrdina; 12-16-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: