View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #23
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanScores View Post
We have an opportunity to rent an RV place in Kookanusa this year.
We looked at Koocanusa. The downsides are that it is still 4 hours away, so harder to get away for a 2 day weekend. It was also a lot more expensive than something closer, and I'm not sure about year round storage. The place we are at requires your deposit on October 1st for the following year, and then full payment in March. It is also technically open all year, so if the weather gets nice we can go for a weekend in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Is going to a permanent site still like normal camping at say Mount Kidd? My concern with those places is that I'd feel like I was vacationing in a trailer park.
Keep in mind you are setting the bar high with Mount Kidd. But you are right, many places are just like a trailer park, or even closer to camping on the Walmart parking lot. Some people like that- meeting people and making new friends. Where we are is pretty well treed. A buddy and I have a double site, and we setup the trailers in a way that we are pretty isolated from everybody else.

The challenge is that if you want power and/or water; those will often be new campgrounds so there has been no chance for trees to grow. Or easier/cheaper for the campground owner to make the sites smaller.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post: