View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 01:27 AM   #22
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

The biggest thing I took away from this is how easily doctors are prescribing stuff, and one can assume that they know exactly what they are doing. Their mandate just seems to get that player back in the lineup, rather than make sure that they are 'doing no harm'. These doctors are vile human beings, and they should have their medical licenses revoked at the very least. The NHL - including the NHLPA - need to take a long look at themselves and all their procedures, so that they not only help people like Johnson, but actually prevent stuff like this from occurring. What they seem to be doing in many cases is encouraging these players to hurt themselves and ruin their lives.

The NHL and NHLPA need to get their heads out of their asses and fix what seems to be such a poorly implemented health and safety policy. They are employing doctors that are seemingly willfully causing harm, the teams (from what I understand in the past at least) are putting pressure on these doctors to get their players back in the lineup too quickly.

This isn't a 'anti-fighting' article to me. This is much more basic to that. This is about how the NHL and NHLPA are seemingly unwilling to fix what has been proven to be such a common and widespread issue in the NHL.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote