View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #71
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The problem with Rhonda's dominance is it just makes her fights a non event, there's a huge difference between Rousey who has a great pedigree, she's also treating this whole thing seriously in terms of both marketing and training and the rest of their division which has girls that got into this thing to basically lose weight but don't have the fighter and competitive DNA that Rousey has.

Last night was embarrassing that the so-called big threat striker in that division went into the ring and Rousey showed her that she thought her strike game was a non threat and went right at her without caring that her opponent tagged her. Then knocked her out in 30 seconds.

It takes years to build a sport and the woman's side of UFC is years away from being competitive. The fact that we're heading into Tate vs Rousey 3 is terrible, Tate is going to get killed in the first round, frankly because Rousey is probably sick of dealing with her.

If Cyborg decides to cut her weight down by what I hear is at least 20 pounds, Rousey will probably beat her.

Justino gets a similar level of hype to Rousey, but again she's fighting the same level of competition as Rousey and eating her subpar opponents alive.

I just think that Rousey wins because she thinks the sport in the octogon at an elite level. She game plans extremely well on the fly and if you make a mistake its over, one mistake and its over.

If you take someone like Cyborg and say lose 10 pounds for this fight (and its more likely 20 pounds as I've seen her tip the scales at about 160. That's a lot of striking power gone, that's also a lot of leveraged strength gone.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote